Thursday, March 22, 2012

And Now For Something Completely Different

         COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!

For several months, I have been experimenting with semi-abstracts. This got started because I found an ancient (1976) sketchbook in which I drew realistic figs and morphed them into simple line dwgs. They were in B+W. So I decided to see if I could render them in color. Here are some examples. I'll post more here as I do them.


Jul 2012 - I've added a couple at the end


The first four are 8 x 10 canvas panels
The first two are in black frames, for a local show

The banjo player

Still Life

Girl in Mirror

The Farm

This ptg was done as part of Wet Canvas! Acrylic Challenge, March 2012 - 9 x 12 on canvas paper


On an earlier WC Acrylic Challenge, the pic to interpret was "triceratops". So I did. This one is 9 x 12 on canvas paper and I sent it to my grandson Wyatt


This is from a WC Weekend Drawing Event - Jul 2012 
Caribbean, called Conch Salad, the name of the food stand. [For these on this post, I have been outlining in Sharpie]


Still life with wine glass - Jul 2012


1 comment:

  1. Acrylic is new to me and I loved seeing its potential through your various jobs.
    My little 6 year old boy should have been crazy about this dinosaur!

    ReplyDelete