Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Car and Truck Paintings - all 16 x 20

              VEHICLE PAINTINGS

For those of you in Pinellas County, FL, I will have many/most/all of these on display at the Palm Harbor Library Alcove Starting 1 August 2012

Here's what the exhibit looks like...


Some time ago, I went to a car show in Benicia California where I took a bunch of fotos of classic cars. I was particularly intrigued by the reflections in chrome and brightly polished metal. So I decided to paint the reflections. Now people will always ask - what is the color of chrome? The answer is - whatever it reflects. Essentially that's true to some extent from any reflective surface.

All of these paintings are in 16 x 20 acrylic on canvas panel.

This was earliest one - 16 x 20
I put this in a local art show. As is apparent, there's a green car reflected in the grille. I've been told that that green car appears exactly 9 or 10 or 11 times.

Number two

Number three.
I like this one because a local pro artist painted the same front end of the Caddy, only without all the rust!

Number 4 - From the Benicia Car Show

Number 5. The reflections here are tough!

No. 6.  This time a rusted truck
This from a photo on Wet Canvas!

No. 7, I think. Another Benicia car
The challenge here was to very slightly vary the light reflections on each of the tiny chrome nubs.
This ptg took me the longest - ~30 h

No. 8. This car is confusing; the painting isn't.
Pros tell me the body is a '54 Crown Victoria but the grille and bumper are from a '55 Chevy. Nevertheless, it still turned out to be quite a challenge.

No. 9. An old truck just outside of Julian CA., from my foto. A grape farm truck that still runs and is still licensed in CA


No. 10. This is a redone hot rod, sans bumper (my foto).
The pastor of a local church is a car buff and so holds antique car shows regularly. The reflections in the highly polished car body are monumental



All ten, at a classic car show late in Apr 2012
These will be shown Aug at a local library







3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have some serious skills in painting! And I think you captured the very essence of these vehicles. Each line and detail tells a story, which you were able to showcase on your art. I hope you continue to create such gorgeous works of art! [Carson Wininger]

    ReplyDelete
  3. These paintings are gorgeous! I am putting together an exhibit for the City of Casselberry and would be extremely happy to have your work in the show! Please contact me if you are interested: ekline@casselberry.org

    ReplyDelete